Mousinho doubtful for Reading clash
Midfielder struggling after limping off against Rotherham
INFLUENTIAL midfielder John Mousinho is a doubt for Saturday’s FA Cup fourth round tie with Reading after limping off in Tuesday night’s win over Rotherham.
The 24-year-old has enjoyed an excellent first season at Boro and has formed a key partnership with Michael Bostwick in the middle of the park.
However, if Mousinho does miss out against the Royals, manager Graham Westley is confident whoever comes in to replace the former Wycombe man will do a good job.
Westley said: “Mous (Mousinho) started the game with a little twang that he’d felt in the warm-up and carried his way through. I was going to take him off before he held his hand up and said ‘yeah, I’m going to give the second half a miss’.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a big loss, but the good thing about this squad is every time you lose a big player you bring another big player on. We’re fortunate to have a tremendous squad and every player in this squad I can trust to do their job.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit