Mousinho closing in on first team action
Stevenage midfielder could make the bench for the second time in a week
John Mousinho could make Boro’s match-day squad for the second time in a week as Stevenage travel to Yeovil Town this weekend.
The midfielder was an unused substitute during Boro’s 1-1 draw with Preston North End on Monday and could find himself on the bench for this weekend’s trip to Somerset as Stevenage look to get back to winning ways in their hunt for a play-off place.
The former Wycombe Wanderers man has been out of action since injuring his foot in the FA Cup victory at Hartlepool in November but made a comeback in the 6-1 reserve team defeat to Southend United midweek.
Speaking about the midfielder’s comeback, assistant manager Mark Newson said: “John has been out for a while but the most important thing was that he got minutes under his belt and came on for the last half hour.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a little stiff afterwards which is understandable from his lack of football.
“It’s an added boost to have him back in the squad and having him on the bench gives us that extra experience.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030