Mount Pleasant Golf Club raises £400 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Mount Pleasant Golf Club in Lower Stondon have raised more than £400 for the Alzheimer’s Society at their annual lady captain’s day.
The Mary Marshall Trophy competition was held in the morning, with Margaret Budgen winning the prize, narrowly beating Rose Humphries and Di Little in second and third.
The trophy honours Mary Marshall, one of Mount Pleasant’s founding members and, club’s first lady captain in 1993 and three-time club lady champion.
Margaret picked up her second victory of the day when she won the afternoons nine-team Texas Scramble alongside Rebecca Baxter, Bryan Wappat and Jim McLaren.
Mount Pleasant’s ladies team have enjoyed recent success, picking up a win at home against Chalgrave Golf Club and following that up with a draw Beadlow Manor.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies are now looking forward to their annual away day at Brampton Park Golf Club in October.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round