Motors boss might have to field under-strength squad
VAUXHALL Motors manager Carl Macauley fears he won t be able to field a full strength squad against Stevenage Borough in the FA Trophy this evening (Tuesday). Boro will have a pitch inspection this morning to determine whether the rearranged game can go a
VAUXHALL Motors manager Carl Macauley fears he won't be able to field a full strength squad against Stevenage Borough in the FA Trophy this evening (Tuesday).
Boro will have a pitch inspection this morning to determine whether the rearranged game can go ahead after it had been postponed on Saturday, but Macauley told the Liverpool Daily Post a midweek clash may deprive the part-time outfit a full squad to choose from.
Macauley said: "We were planning on travelling down on Friday but will just have to go down there on Tuesday for the rearranged game which doesn't really suit us because we are not full-time and the lads need to get off work again.
"They had already booked their holidays so we could travel down on Saturday.
"So we could well be struggling to have a full squad out for the game but we will keep our fingers crossed.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage