Motorist dies on Baldock roadside after Toyota Hilux leaves carriageway and overturns
- Credit: Archant
A 54-year-old motorist died on a Baldock roadside after a crash on Friday night – and police have now appealed for witnesses.
Police were called to Bygrave Road at 1.03am on Saturday to reports of a green Toyota Hilux pick-up truck on its side, having left the road.
The male driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed until about 10.20am while police investigated at the scene and arranged the vehicle’s recovery.
PC Shona Gillen of the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit said: “While I appreciate the roads in the local area may have been relatively quiet at that time of the morning, someone may have seen or heard something which could prove useful to our investigation, or may have seen the vehicle prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
“At this stage it is unclear as to the exact circumstances of the collision but I would ask anyone who has any information about what happened to please contact me.”
Anyone with information should call PC Gillen on the non-emergency number 101 or 01438 757647 quoting ISR 44 of October 1.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV