Motorist branded extremely irresponsible after Lucozade bottle cracks woman’s windscreen near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A motorist who threw a bottle at another driver and cracked their windscreen has been branded as extremely irresponsible by police.
Officers have launched an appeal today after a woman’s windscreen was cracked by a hall-full bottle of Lucozade thrown from a white van.
The driver of a silver BMW estate 3 Series had been travelling along the B656 London Road towards Hitchin when the bottle was thrown at about 8.30am on Tuesday, May 12.
The van had been heading in the opposite direction at the time, and was close to the Willow Tree Farm near Langley. The driver of the van, which had blue writing on the back, failed to stop after the windscreen was cracked by the bottle.
The woman was unhurt but police said she was left ‘very shaken’ by the incident.
You may also want to watch:
PC Keith Harding is investigating. He said: “Whoever threw this bottle was extremely irresponsible and a road traffic collision almost took place which could have resulted in serious injuries.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the incident take place, or if anyone knows who could be responsible, to please get in contact with me via the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference number G1/15/1153.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out