Motorcyclist involved in A505 Hitchin crash dies in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who was airlifted to hospital after a crash just outside Hitchin has died.
The 39-year-old man was flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after his black Yamaha motorbike was in collision with a Fiat Scudo minibus on the A505, opposite Willow Lane, on September 17.
The motorcyclist remained in a critical condition for just over three weeks prior to his death on Friday, October 10, police confirmed today.
He has yet to be formerly identified.
The A505 was shut shortly after the crash, which happened at about 6.30pm, and remained closed until 10.30pm.
The turning for Charlton Road was also shut at the junction with the A602 Parkway in Hitchin during the same period.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan