Motorcyclist and horse rider left with serious injuries after A600 crash
- Credit: Archant
A collision between a motorcyclist and a horse and its rider left both people seriously injured last night.
The crash happened around 7.30pm on the A600 Bedford Road, near the village of Holwell, involving a man in his 30s riding a white Triumph motorbike and a woman in her 30s, who was riding a horse.
The man suffered serious injuries, including facial injuries and broken ribs, and was initially taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital before being move to intensive care at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he remains.
The horse rider was taken to Lister Hospital and is continuing to be treated for serious injuries,
A vet was called to the scene last night, but there is no information on the condition of the horse which was reported to have suffered serious lacerations to its legs.
You may also want to watch:
The A600 was closed around Lower Stondon for more than an hour while the victims were treated at the scene.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals