Motorbike blaze in Stevenage
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Stevenage cul-de-sac after a motorbike caught alight in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
One fire crew from Stevenage and three police cars attended the incident in Canterbury Way at around 5.15am after reports that a red Kawasaki motorbike was on fire outside a property.
The blaze, which spread to nearby fencing, was out by 5.35am.
A Canterbury Way resident, whose boyfriend alerted the emergency services, told The Comet: “My boyfriend woke up to get a drink and could see it out the kitchen window. He had to run out and move both our cars because it was right next to where we were parked.”
Hertfordshire Constabulary conducted house to house investigations this morning and the motorbike has been recovered for evidential purposes.
The cause of the fire has not yet been established and investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service