Mother-of-three “struggling to cope” in mouldy flat
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-three is “struggling to cope” after her bathroom became covered in mould when a pipe leaked for a second time in three months.
Jade Jones of Warham Avenue, Stevenage reported the original leak to her housing provider, Affinity Sutton in December.
The 29-year-old lives with her children Kaveli, six months, Karma 17-months and Kenzie, 8, who revealed that in February another leak occurred and has still not been fixed.
Miss Jones said: “I’m struggling to cope with everything. I have to leave the windows open at night because the smell is so bad which is ok at the moment but what can I do when it gets cold.
“Some workmen came to fix the second leak in May but they never told me they were arriving and it was 8.30am so I had to take the kids to school.
You may also want to watch:
“I told them they could come back later but they’ve not returned since.
“I’m on my own and with three young children, it’s hard to live in a flat where the tiles fall off the wall because of the damp.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
A spokesman for Affinity Sutton spokesperson said: “We can confirm that upon fixing the leak in the property above our contractors have had difficulty in being able to gain access into Miss Jones’ property in order to carry out the remedial works required.
“We will look to arrange an appointment with Miss Jones as soon as possible in order to resolve the outstanding issues.”
A spokesman for Stevenage Borough Council said: “This resident is currently living in a Housing Association property that is managed by Affinity Sutton. Affinity Sutton has a responsibility to its tenants for the repair and maintenance of their properties, however we are working with her to offer guidance on what she can do to manage the mould.”