Most popular baby names registered in Hertfordshire in 2014 revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver and Olivia were the most popular names for babies registered by Hertfordshire County Council’s Registration Service in 2014.
Other popular names chosen by parents included Sophia, Isabella and Emily for girls; and Samuel, Henry and Jack for boys.
Cabinet member for the registration service Councillor Richard Thake said: “It’s always fascinating to see what names are chosen. In the last year we have seen the revival of some older names such as Ava and Elsie for girls and Noah for boys.
“I was also interested to see the name Logan used for both boys and girls.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a civil naming ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright