Most popular baby names in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The most popular baby names in Comet country during 2013 have been revealed.
Isla came out on top for girls and Oliver was number one for boys of those registered at Stevenage Registry Office, which covers the town and North Hertfordshire.
After two consecutive years as the favourite name for girls, Lily has dropped down to second, while Harry remains in that position for the second year running.
“It’s always interesting to see what names are chosen,” said Hertfordshire county councillor Richard Thake, the cabinet member for the county’s registration service.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a Civil Naming Ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
For more information on civil namings visit www.hertsdirect.org/civilnaming or to make a booking call 0300 123 4045.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
• Did you pick a more unusual name for your little one when they were born in 2013? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the news desk on 01438 866200.