Morison signs for Millwall
The Steve Morison transfer saga finally came to an end this afternoon when the 25-year-old signed for Millwall in a deal worth �130,000. Boro chairman Phil Wallace has confirmed the move and negotiated a healthy sell on clause just as he did when he l
The Steve Morison transfer saga finally came to an end this afternoon when the 25-year-old signed for Millwall in a deal worth �130,000.
Boro chairman Phil Wallace has confirmed the move and negotiated "a healthy sell on" clause just as he did when he let George Boyd join Peterborough in 2007.
"We've been in talks with Millwall for some while and Steve's finally got the move he wanted," said Wallace. "For our part, we are happy with the fee and, most importantly, we retain an interest in Steve's future with a healthy sell on and further bonus payments linked to his performance."
Wallace admitted he is sorry to see Morison leave the club but wished the former Bishop's Stortford ace luck in his new career at The Den.
You may also want to watch:
"Steve was due a move, he's been a great servant to the club and would have been out of contract this summer if he hadn't signed a new deal. We made it clear at that time that we would work hard to get him a move into the League if we didn't go up. We're sorry to lose Steve's goals, but we can't stand in the way of our lads significantly improving their earnings if they get the chance.
"In my opinion Steve will adjust to whatever league he's in with Millwall next season and kick on again. He's a confident young man and the Championship will not faze him one bit if Millwall win at Wembley. We'll be following his progress with interest and on behalf of everyone at Stevenage, we wish him well in his future career.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation