More than £600 raised for charity at Stevenage Doggie Day 2019
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage dog owners thoroughly enjoyed this year’s installment of Doggie Day on Sunday.
The event - which is in its eighth year - was organised by Stevenage Dog Watch in partnership with Herts police.
The proceeds went towards the Poppy Appeal, and Stevenage Dog Watch were delighted to raise more than £600 for the charity.
On the day, visitors and their tail-wagging friends enjoyed a dog show, agility course and a variety of other entertainment stalls at Stevenage Town Centre Gardens.
Despite it being a tiring affair for organiser Paul Haxby, he did describe it as "a great day."
You may also want to watch:
And Paul is not alone - it was agreed by many on the day that it was a lovely event.
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland said: "Another brilliant day at Stevenage DogWatch's fun day.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
"A big thank you to all the volunteers who make it happen and wonderful charities that come along."