More than £23,000 raised at Baldock Town FC fundraiser with West Ham legends Tony Cottee, Tony Gale and Frank McAvennie
- Credit: Archant
More than £23,000 was raised at a Baldock Town FC fundraising night on Thursday.
West Ham legends Tony Cottee, Tony Gale and Frank McAvennie were at the evening at Knights Templar School, as were rugby player Alex Goode, former England bowler Darren Gough, and EastEnders’ Steve McFadden and Adam Woodyatt.
The meal and auction aimed to raise funds to help Baldock Town – who have been playing away from the town for five years – come home.
And the items on sale included a pair of heavyweight boxing champion Anthony Joshua’s shorts, which fetched a handy £1,500.
Baldock Town committee member Lynn Parker told the Comet that the generosity of all present made her feel ‘totally overwhelmed’.
You may also want to watch:
“It was all great,” she said. “It was incredible.
“I couldn’t believe how generous all the people in the room were.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
“This brings a return closer – not just in terms of money, but also because more people are aware of us. We’re thinking to do this yearly now.”
The next Baldock Town FC event is on June 17, also at Knights Templar School.
To find out more about it call Lynn on 07527 788688.