More than £200 raised for Stand-by-Me Bereavement Support at Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club ‘We Be TENNIS Y’all’ cardio tennis day
- Credit: Archant
More than £200 was raised for charity at a cardio tennis fun day in Letchworth.
The workout at Letchworth Sports & Tennis Club attracted folks aged under seven to over 70, and was in aid of the club’s charity of the year, Stand-by-Me Bereavement Support.
And about 36 people turned out for session, led Charlotte Gibbons of the club’s coaching team.
Club director Andy Proudlove said: “This was a fun-filled workout, with music and fun – and being good at tennis was not essential. The turnout was fantastic.
“Stand-by-Me is a fabulous charity doing some inspiring work with local families and children. We really love the work they do in the Hitchin and Letchworth area.”
The day was part of a larger fundraising campaign called ‘We Be TENNIS Y’all’.
For more details or to donate see justgiving.com/WeBeTENNISYall.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 10 COVID-19 cases plummet in Stevenage and North Herts