More than 1,000 turn out for Stevenage FC’s BoroFest as new manager Teddy Sheringham takes centre stage
- Credit: Archant
Lucky fans got to meet Teddy Sheringham and enjoy a day of great live music in Stevenage FC’s Lamex Stadium on Saturday.
BoroFest 2015 featured performances from the cream of the town’s musical talent including Roxy Searle, Tom Braggins and Rockface.
And with the start of the football season less than a month away, fans got to meet the club’s much talked about manager in his new stomping ground. The club’s chief executive Barry Webber said: “I am over the moon with how events unfolded on Saturday for our second annual BoroFest. The weather was perfect and it was amazingly satisfying for all involved to see over 1,100 people coming along to support the event in what was a real relaxed, happy, community vibe the whole day.”
Visitors were also able to go on tours of the Broadhall Way ground which the club revealed ambitious plans to expand in May.
Mascot Boro Bear was also on hand to get everyone behind the team ahead of their pre-season friendlies against Nottingham Forest, Millwall and a Spurs XI.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the money raised on the day will be donated to Bluebell children’s ward at Lister Hospital.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out