More jobs coming
A multi-million pound facility for industrial plant hire throughout the UK is to be centred in Biggleswade with the promise of more jobs. Liebherr Great Britain, which moved to its £15m headquarters on the town s Stratton Business Park in 2005, has now pu
A multi-million pound facility for industrial plant hire throughout the UK is to be centred in Biggleswade with the promise of more jobs.
Liebherr Great Britain, which moved to its £15m headquarters on the town's Stratton Business Park in 2005, has now put into operation the next phase of its ambitious expansion plans.
The company, which has some of the finest workshops with hi tech equipment and spares for heavy plant, says the development will also mean a steady recruitment campaign for skilled professionals in finance, administration, sales, product support and engineering at its Biggleswade site.
A new company dedicated to hiring out a specialist range of earthmoving and materials handling equipment, will work hand in hand with the other successful core businesses servicing the construction industry.
You may also want to watch:
Liebherr-Rental Ltd began its operations last month offering existing and new customers an option for both short and long-term hire of Liebherr equipment.
Recruitment is already under way for experienced management and plant hire personnel both locally and nationally.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The company has invested £7m in rental equipment which will make up the fleet of 55 earthmoving, quarrying, demolition and materials handling equipment. The company will also have the benefit of accessing the huge pool of over 3,000 additional machines through its sister hire company, Liebherr-Mietpartner in Europe.
Initially, says the company, the entire fleet will operate out of its headquarters in Biggleswade and other regional depots in Scotland and Lancashire.