More bins missed in Knebworth, Hitchin and surrounding villages
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Yet another apology has been issued after vast swathes of North Hertfordshire had their bin collections missed yesterday.
North Herts District Council says it is working hard to resolve the issues alongside the new contractor Urbaser – whose operations chief Jose Sanchez last week told councillors he was taking personal responsibility for delivering the plan.
The district council says those whose collections have been missed should leave their bins outside for Urbaser to come get them.
According to the district council, missed collections yesterday were in the following locations:
Knebworth - garden waste
You may also want to watch:
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
Knebworth - mixed recycling
Peters Green - garden waste
Barley Beans Road
Lawrence End Road
Tagmore Green - garden waste
Luton - garden waste
Whitwell - garden waste
Gosmore - general waste
Gosmore Ley Close
St Ippolyts - general waste
Hitchin - general waste
Lilley, Hexton, Pirton and The Holt - all garden waste
A North Herts District Council spokesman said: “If your bin has been missed and your street is not listed, please report it to the waste contractor Urbaser on 0800 328 6023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, full address including postcode, telephone number and which bin or bins have not been emptied.
“Missed bin collections should be reported after 6pm on the day of collection, or the next working day, but within two days of the missed collection. Please leave any missed bins outside your property. Your bin will be collected, but it may take longer than usual. Please only report a missed bin once.
“We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and are working hard with Urbaser to resolve the current issues.”
As part of its efforts to resolve the issues that have plagued its performance in North Hertfordshire, Urbaser has increased its call-centre staff from four to six and boosted its food waste collection teams with an extra crew member each.
After meeting district council chief executive David Scholes and waste and recycling service manager Chloe Hipwood last week, Mr Sanchez apologised to the authority on behalf of Urbaser – who took over the contract from Veolia in May.