Molly’s Tea Room in Hitchin bake cakes for cause close to their heart
- Credit: Archant
It’s been cupcakes galore at a popular tea-room in Hitchin this week – all in aid of a very worthy cause.
Stafff at Molly’s Tea Room on Bancroft have been busy baking mouth-watering cakes to sell to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Hungry customers have backed the wonderful idee with their taste buds by purchasing nearly £100 worth of the splendid cakes – all of which goes to the society as part of their ‘Cupcake Day’ in association with Women and Home.
Molly’s manager Denise Riley told the Comet: “A big thank you to all our customers. It’s a cause close to my heart as my nan has Alzheimer’s and everyone agreed it would be a nice thing to do.
“So far we have had a great response from everyone.
“The Cupcakes we made were chocolate caramel, lemon, orange and cranberry, coffee and walnut, apple and cinnamon, and not forgetting our gluten free options lemon & strawberry and coconut & lime.
“The most popular seller has been apple and cinnamon as it’s quite an unusual flavour and is covered with crumble.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 5 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 9 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 10 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
The cakes are still on sale today so pop down to Bancroft to sample their succulent fayre.