Molly’s Tea Room in Hitchin bake cakes for cause close to their heart
- Credit: Archant
It’s been cupcakes galore at a popular tea-room in Hitchin this week – all in aid of a very worthy cause.
Stafff at Molly’s Tea Room on Bancroft have been busy baking mouth-watering cakes to sell to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Hungry customers have backed the wonderful idee with their taste buds by purchasing nearly £100 worth of the splendid cakes – all of which goes to the society as part of their ‘Cupcake Day’ in association with Women and Home.
Molly’s manager Denise Riley told the Comet: “A big thank you to all our customers. It’s a cause close to my heart as my nan has Alzheimer’s and everyone agreed it would be a nice thing to do.
“So far we have had a great response from everyone.
“The Cupcakes we made were chocolate caramel, lemon, orange and cranberry, coffee and walnut, apple and cinnamon, and not forgetting our gluten free options lemon & strawberry and coconut & lime.
“The most popular seller has been apple and cinnamon as it’s quite an unusual flavour and is covered with crumble.”
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 4 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 5 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 6 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 9 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 10 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
The cakes are still on sale today so pop down to Bancroft to sample their succulent fayre.