Models strut their stuff as crowds flock to the Hitchin Fashion Show
- Credit: Archant
London and Paris may have their fashion weeks – but Hitchin is hard on their heels with its own sartorial event held at the weekend.
Market Place was the spot to be on Saturday as models from many independents in the town strutted their stuff on the cobbles for the Hitchin Fashion Show in front of hundreds of lunchtime visitors.
Gill Slender, manager of lingerie shop Venus K, in Arcade Walk said: “We’ve been doing this show for 15 years. Hitchin’s a lovely town and it’s great we’ve got so many thriving independent shops here.
“I’d like to say a big thank you to all our lingerie models for having the guts to do it. They’re just normal people made up of our customers and friends – they’re not models – so its very brave of them to parade in front of hundreds of people.”
Jess Princeton of retro fashion boutique Rosita Lollipop in Paynes Park added: “There was a lovely atmosphere in Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
“It was quite stressful behind the scenes but the models were fantastic. They were so calm and professional.
“We’re lucky in Hitchin we have such a large number of independent shops compared to other places, and we’d encourage as many people as possible everyone to do their shopping in the town.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“It was a great opportunity to show my new autumn and winter range which is looking quite magical.
“Many people put a lot of hard work into the show – well done to everyone – it was a fantastic event.”