Mitchell Cole Tournament set for Arlesey Town
- Credit: Archant
Former Stevenage, Arlesey and Hitchin Town winger to be remembered at charity event on May 10
The Stevenage Supporters Association Football Club (SSAFC) is hosting the Mitchell Cole tournament for a second season in aid of the Cardiomyopathy Association for which Cole was an ambassador for and helped to raise awareness.
Last season’s tournament at Ware FC raised over £800 and SSAFC manager Keith Bell is aiming to reach the £1,000 mark this time round.
The tournament this year is being held at Arlesey Town FC, where Cole was a former player, on Saturday, May 10.
The day will start at 10am and finish just after 4pm with supporters’ teams from Barnet, Cambridge, AFC Wimbledon, London Carlisle and a Cole XI which Mitchell’s brother Ben is playing and managing alongside the SSAFC competing for the Mitchell Cole Memorial Trophy.
Last season’s winners were the Cole XI which boasted of friends of the former Boro winger and some semi-pro footballers who are friends with the Cole family.
In aid of the CMA, Arlesey Town have offered their facilities and stadium for nothing to raise more money for the CMA which Bell has gratefully appreciated and wanted to thank publicly.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
“For Arlesey to do that for us really means a lot to myself personally and shows how much Mitchell was well received by the club,” said Bell.
“I would like to personally thank the club for hosting it and here’s to a successful day for a fantastic cause.”
All are welcome to attend and support a fantastic cause. There will be a charity raffle on the day as well to raise more money for the CMA with football-related prizes from current and former Stevenage FC players along with other prizes.
If you would like to donate any raffle prizes, would like to purchase raffle tickets or even help on the day then please contact Keith Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org