Mitchell Cole tournament raises more than £1,500 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Barnet triumph as Arlesey Town host Stevenage Supporters Association Football Club (SSAFC) event
SSAFC hosted the Mitchell Cole tournament on Saturday at Arlesey Town FC and had a successful day raising £1,582 to go to the Cardiomyopathy Association which the former Boro and Blues winger was an ambassador for.
SSAFC manager Keith Bell said after the tournament: “The amount of money raised shocked me as I didn’t expect to raise as much as the total amount.
“It’s a credit to everyone who supported this fantastic cause and I for one am very proud of the day and look forward to next year’s tournament.
“Arlesey were fantastic hosts and the day was just a great success.”
You may also want to watch:
After a day of mixed weather, Barnet supporters won the Mitchell Cole trophy and will look to defend it next year.
Photo: SSAFC (top row L to R): Danny Wishart, Paul Sapsed, Matt Pickett, Dom Steer, Daniel Ridley, John Carroll, Tim Chesworth, Jason Jefferies, Richard Allder, Dave Coates, Richard Minnis. (Bottom row L to R): Phil Tutton, Matt Jackson, Rob Warren, Graham Poplett, Mark Gentleman, Callum Mckechnie, Keith Bell.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'