Missing husband reunited with family after French mystery
New Year s Eve was a celebration for most but for one local lady it was a living nightmare after her husband went missing in a foreign country. John and Sandra Brown, of Hill Crest, Baldock, had flown out to France during the festive holidays and were tak
New Year's Eve was a celebration for most but for one local lady it was a living nightmare after her husband went missing in a foreign country.
John and Sandra Brown, of Hill Crest, Baldock, had flown out to France during the festive holidays and were taking an idyllic trip down the Champs Elysees during the New Year celebrations when 63-year-old Mr Brown disappeared.
Sandra reported her husband missing and then made an appeal on TV and radio to find him. The Brown family had also planned to fly out yesterday (Wednesday) and start a search to locate him.
However, The Comet made a phone call to the British embassy in Paris yesterday and was advised that Mr Brown was safe and had walked into the building early that morning.
You may also want to watch:
The embassy added that Mr Brown had been reunited with his family after they flew out to Paris from Luton Airport yesterday morning. An embassy spokesman would give no further details.
The family were hoping to fly back to Britain as soon as possible. There has been no public explanation for the cause of Mr Brown's disappearance.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV