‘Mindless acts could have put lives at risk’ – Police appeal after Stevenage arson attacks
- Credit: Archant
An officer investigating three incidents of arson in the Bedwell area of Stevenage has said the ‘mindless acts’ during the early hours of Tuesday morning could have put lives at risk.
Between 3am and 4am offenders deliberately torched the upholstery of a black Vauxhall Astra in Colestrete causing extensive damage to the inside of the vehicle.
A white Ford flatbed van was completely destroyed in Ridgeway after the contents in the back were set alight and two bins against the side of a residential property in Meadow Way were also set on fire.
PC Charlie Phipps, who is investigating, said: “These mindless acts have caused extensive damage and could have put lives at risk.
“I would appeal to anyone who was in the Bedwell area in the early hours of the morning and who saw anyone acting suspiciously to please contact me with information. Bedwell is normally quite quiet at this time so if you heard or saw anything it could be relevant to this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call PC Phipps on 01438 757049 or call Herts police on 101.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision