Millwall test for Stevenage in Carabao Cup as Beautyman lands at the Lamex
- Credit: Rob Walkley
Stevenage’s tilt at the League Cup starts against Championship side Millwall.
They will head to the New Den in the first round of the competition, now called the Carabao Cup.
Boro reached the second round last year before being dumped out by a Peter Crouch-inspired Stoke City.
They will include another new face following the signing of Harry Beautyman from Northampton Town.
The midfielder is their third summer signing following the announcements of Alex Samuel and James Ferry. And manager Darren Sarll believes he will soon become a fan favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on stevenagefc.com he said: “I think the supporters will really appreciate his athleticism and enthusiasm. He is a real trier.
“Harry will definitely bring that threat on the goal. He constantly gets into the box, has good timing and he will be a big success here because he is at a good age and he wants to work hard.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus