Midfielder staying at Boro while striker leaves
Midfielder Peter Vincenti will be staying at The Lamex Stadium for the foreseeable future after a loan deal to Woking fell through. The 23-year-old was all set to join the cards for three months until Boro boss Graham Westley decided he wants to keep the
Midfielder Peter Vincenti will be staying at The Lamex Stadium for the foreseeable future after a loan deal to Woking fell through.
The 23-year-old was all set to join the cards for three months until Boro boss Graham Westley decided he wants to keep the player as cover for other members of his squad.
Woking boss Graham Baker admitted he was disappointed not to secure the player's services but hinted he may go back in for the player in the future.
"It is dead in the water, Stevenage don't feel that they can afford to release him at present," he told the club's official website.
"It's possible that we might look at this again later in the season but for the time being at least, the whole thing is off.
Meanwhile, Boro striker Jerome Anderson has joined Brackley Town on loan.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
The youngster enjoyed a productive spell on loan at the Zamaretto Premier Division club last season and will link up with them once again.