Midfielder says he was ‘comfortable’ in Plymouth, but moved to Stevenage to get more games
- Credit: Archant
Lee Cox joined Boro on loan last week and started in Saturday’s 4-3 win over Morecambe
Lee Cox says a lack of playing time at Plymouth Argyle led to his loan move to Stevenage.
The 25-year-old joined Boro from Plymouth last week following the news that Steven Schumacher was set to miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury.
The former Swindon Town midfielder has only played five times for the Pilgrims this season, and has yet to feature under new boss Derek Adams.
He started for Stevenage on Saturday as they beat Morecambe 4-3 in League Two, and afterwards said: “It was just a lack of games at Plymouth. I was very comfortable down there but I want to play football matches.
You may also want to watch:
“My ambition is to win every single game I play. If we keep going on a run [at Stevenage] we will hopefully climb the table.”
Asked about his own playing style, Cox added: “I like to get forward and join in with the attacks. I focus on winning balls, so I think I’m a bit of an-all rounder.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn