Midfielder rejects Boro
Boro have been thwarted in an attempt to sign midfielder Phil Trainer according to reports. Trainer turned down approaches from both Boro and Crawley Town to sign for AFC Telford on a one-year deal with the geography of the move appearing to work against
Boro have been thwarted in an attempt to sign midfielder Phil Trainer according to reports.
Trainer turned down approaches from both Boro and Crawley Town to sign for AFC Telford on a one-year deal with the geography of the move appearing to work against Stevenage boss Graham Westley.
"He (Trainer) spoke at length to Stevenage and Crawley and also had an offer from Solihull Moors," Telford assistant manager Larry Chambers told The Shropshire Star.
"But he enjoyed his time here towards the end of last season and I don't think he was keen on travelling too far, even though he wants to play at the highest level he can and get back in the Conference.
You may also want to watch:
"For me, it's a massive signing - with a good pre-season behind him I'm expecting big things.
"He's an ambitious player, and I'd imagine he's turned down some bigger financial offers to come here."
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
The news illustrates however that Boro are looking to bring in another central midfielder after letting Gary Mills and John Martin leave The Lamex Stadium this summer.