Midfielder capable of following Spurs man Mason, says Stevenage boss
- Credit: Archant
Graham Westley says it ‘wouldn’t be an injustice’ if Dean Parrett was to make it to the Premier League
Graham Westley says Dean Parrett wouldn’t look out of place if he was to follow in the footsteps of former Spurs team-mate Ryan Mason and carve out a career in the Premier League.
The Stevenage boss heaped praise on the 23-year-old after the midfielder pulled the strings in Stevenage’s 3-1 win at Hartlepool United on Saturday afternoon.
Parrett is a contemporary of Ryan Mason, the Spurs midfielder currently turning heads with his displays in the centre of the park at White Hart Lane.
And like Mason, who is also 23, Parrett counts a loan spell at Swindon Town in his development as a player.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the defeat of Hartlepool, Westley said: “When you look at Deano’s dynamism, quality on the ball, his energy, his class, he’s an exceptional player there’s no question about it.
“League 2 level sides are definitely struggling to handle him. He went to Swindon on loan roughly the same time [Ryan] Mason did, and Mason is playing in the Premier League.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
“It wouldn’t be an injustice if Deano was playing in there with him. We’re lucky enough to have him here.”