Midfielder capable of following Spurs man Mason, says Stevenage boss
- Credit: Archant
Graham Westley says it ‘wouldn’t be an injustice’ if Dean Parrett was to make it to the Premier League
Graham Westley says Dean Parrett wouldn’t look out of place if he was to follow in the footsteps of former Spurs team-mate Ryan Mason and carve out a career in the Premier League.
The Stevenage boss heaped praise on the 23-year-old after the midfielder pulled the strings in Stevenage’s 3-1 win at Hartlepool United on Saturday afternoon.
Parrett is a contemporary of Ryan Mason, the Spurs midfielder currently turning heads with his displays in the centre of the park at White Hart Lane.
And like Mason, who is also 23, Parrett counts a loan spell at Swindon Town in his development as a player.
Speaking after the defeat of Hartlepool, Westley said: “When you look at Deano’s dynamism, quality on the ball, his energy, his class, he’s an exceptional player there’s no question about it.
“League 2 level sides are definitely struggling to handle him. He went to Swindon on loan roughly the same time [Ryan] Mason did, and Mason is playing in the Premier League.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 8 National award for Hitchin property company
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
“It wouldn’t be an injustice if Deano was playing in there with him. We’re lucky enough to have him here.”