Midfielder aiming for a place in major cup final
- Credit: Archant
James Dunne, on loan at St Johnstone, could be the fifth player with Boro links to reach a cup final in the last six weeks
James Dunne is aiming to become the fifth player with Stevenage connections to reach a major British cup final this season.
The midfielder is on loan from Boro at St Johnstone and is currently playing in the Scottish Cup semi-final against Aberdeen, though is side trail 1-0 after 30 minutes.
Last month Greg Tansey featured for Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Scottish League Cup final against Aberdeen. Tansey left Boro in the January transfer window on a free, but he missed a penalty in the shoot-out as the Dons won 4-2 after the match had finished goalless.
Michael Bostwick had a better time of it in the final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. The former Boro midfielder’s Peterborough United side beat Chesterfield last month. On the losing side was Jay O’Shea, who had a spell on loan at Stevenage from Birmingham City in 2010.
Another former Stevenage player who has featured in a cup final at Wembley this season is Tim Sills. The striker was part of the Gosport Borough side that lost 4-0 to Cambridge United in the FA Trophy final on March 23
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown