Mid Beds MP Nadine Dorries reinstated by the Conservative party
- Credit: Archant
NADINE DORRIES has been reinstated by the Conservative party as an MP it has been announced today (Wednesday).
The MP for Mid Bedfordshire had previously been suspended for appearing on the reality TV show I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! in November.
During her suspension she had been standing as an independent but was given the Conservative whip back by Sir George Young.
It was widely reported that there were fears in the party that she might defect to UKIP.
A Conservative spokesman said: “The chief whip has restored the whip to Nadine Dorries with immediate effect for the start of the new parliamentary session.
You may also want to watch:
“Nadine has apologised to the chief whip for absenting herself from her parliamentary duties without permission and has given assurances to the whips office that she will follow the same procedure as other Conservative Members of Parliament before going away when the House is sitting.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery