Nadine Dorries calls on her party’s members to BackBoris
- Credit: Archant
Nadine Dorries, MP for Mid-Bedfordshire, has called on Conservative Party members to vote for Boris Johnson in the party’s leadership election.
Mrs Dorries said: "Boris won two stunning victories as Mayor of London and then showed his leadership capabilities running one of the greatest cities in the world.
"He was the figurehead of Vote Leave and his charisma and star quality on the campaign trail is one of the main reasons we are now leaving the EU.
"It is unfortunate but not surprising that Remain-supporting MPs are backing the continuity-Theresa candidate, Jeremy Hunt.
"Boris Johnson will take us out of the EU by October 31, turbo-charge our economy and shred the failed socialism of Corbyn's Labour.
You may also want to watch:
"I call on all Conservative Party Members to vote for Boris as our next Prime Minister."
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed