Meow’s the time to support Jade as she organises Shefford charity bonanza
- Credit: Archant
A charity supporter committed to raising cash for a Hitchin-based good cause has put together a two day festival this weekend.
Jade Green, 26, is hoping for a bumper turnout for the Meow Fest at The Bridge in Shefford on Saturday and Sunday.
Jade, who lives in the town, is raising funds as part of the Grand Challenge initiative organised by the Dr Hadwen Trust, the UK’s leading non-animal medical research charity.
Jade said: “I feel really passionate about the Trust and the work it does.
“I organised a smaller festival last year for another charity and I felt really inspired to organise something bigger to help raise awareness and funds for the DHT.”
Meow Fest will have two stages – an outside acoustic tent, and a band stage inside.
The programme features a diverse range of music and everyone’s welcome. It’s a family-friendly set-up with children allowed on the premises until 8pm and a barbecue sizzling away throughout.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
Jade sings in the band Dirty Parlé, which has reunited especially for the festival and will be playing on Saturday.
The charity’s Grand Challenge aims to raise £180,000 by the end of the year to fund a brain tumour research project at the University of Portsmouth.