Men try to steal teenage girl’s handbag in Letchworth park
- Credit: Archant
Two men tried to steal a teenage girl’s handbag while she was sitting in a Letchworth park in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police are appealing for information after the attempted robbery which happened between 4.30am and 5am when the 18-year-old was sitting on a park bench close to the paddling pool at Howard Park and Gardens.
The men approached her and, as the girl attempted to leave, one of the offenders tried to grab her handbag.
While this was happening two other men were walking through the park, which disturbed the offenders, who then made off on foot through the park’s car park and then in an unknown direction.
Both offenders are described as wearing dark coloured clothing, with their hoods up and scarves covering their faces so only their eyes could be seen.
You may also want to watch:
They were both wearing gloves and one of the men was wearing Adidas jogging bottoms.
Anyone with information is asked to call the police non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G2/16/292.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.