Men from Shefford and Stevenage arrested after street fight outside Hitchin bar
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been arrested after a fight which started in a Hitchin bar turned into a street brawl during the early hours of yesterday morning.
An eyewitness told the Comet that she saw a man being ‘drop kicked’ in a fight which began in Osinsky’s Bar and Grill continued outside the town centre venue shortly after midnight.
Hannah Sweeney, 23, said: “I saw a man punch another man around midnight in Osinsky’s.
“They were then carted out by the bouncers and about 15 minutes later I was in the smoking area at the front and saw about eight or nine younger guys running after three youths.
“It was pretty bad, it was quite aggressive.
You may also want to watch:
“At one point I saw one guy drop kick another one. They were bundled on top of each other.
“There were two security men who were trying to pull everyone away before a police van turned up and five or six police officers ran over.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
“Some people were pretty badly hurt. Another police car turned up soon after that.”
A spokeswoman for Herts police said: “Officers were called to Market Place at around 12.45am, to reports of a fight taking place involving several males. It is alleged one person was hit to the face and kicked.
“Officers attended and two men were arrested on suspicion of affray and taken to Stevenage police station.”
A 20-year-old man from Shefford and a 24-year-old from Stevenage have been released on bail and are due to return to Stevenage police station on March 29.
Anyone who has any information about the incident is asked to contact Herts police on non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference number G1/15/472.