Meetings will highlight needs of community
A SERIES of meetings have been planned aimed at giving residents a chance to have a say about what goes on in their community. Stevenage Borough Council area committee meetings will start again next week. The Broadwater meeting will take place next Thursd
A SERIES of meetings have been planned aimed at giving residents a chance to have a say about what goes on in their community.
Stevenage Borough Council area committee meetings will start again next week.
The Broadwater meeting will take place next Thursday, September 7, at St Peter's Community Hall from 7pm and the spotlight item will be Stevenage Fair Furniture Project and Wheels.
The Old Stevenage meeting will take place on September 13 at The Corus Cromwell Hotel. It will begin at 7.30pm and will feature a presentation from the chief executive of the Trust which runs Lister Hospital, Nick Carver.
You may also want to watch:
Bedwell's area committee meeting will take place on September 14, from 7.30pm at the Bedwell Community Centre. This meeting will include a police presentation about community safety.
Chells and Manor's meeting will take place on September 18 at 7.30pm in the Timebridge Community Centre. The spotlight item will be a presentation about the future of the Lister Hospital.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
A similar presentation will be the spotlight item at the Shephall meeting which will take place on September 19 at 7.30pm in the Poplars and Bandley Hill Community Centre featuring the Trust's Mr Carver.
The final meeting is at The Oval Community Centre on September 26. The meeting will start at 7.30pm and the spotlight item will be a presentation about community safety.