McMahon and Martin placed on transfer list
Boro boss Graham Westley has revealed he is in the process of conducting an overhaul of his squad and has placed midfielders Daryl McMahon and John Martin on the transfer list. A disappointing return of one point out of the last nine available in the lea
Boro boss Graham Westley has revealed he is in the process of conducting an overhaul of his squad and has placed midfielders Daryl McMahon and John Martin on the transfer list.
A disappointing return of one point out of the last nine available in the league has convinced Westley that changes need to be made and McMahon and Martin have been told they should look for a new club.
"I've got to start making decisions who I'm going to give shirts to in the long term really," Westley told the Comet.
"Neither John nor Daryl are going to be happy sitting on the bench and it would be better for them if they could go and find some first team football elsewhere."
You may also want to watch:
Westley has offered trials to several players from the Football League including Plymouth pair Shane White and Ashley Barnes while a youngster from Swindon has also been training with Boro with a view to a loan move.
"I want to get more balance into the side and improve the quality of the squad," added Westley. "We're just taking a look at a couple of lads from Plymouth and one from Swindon.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
"I inherited 17 players in the summer and I didn't know a lot about them when I came into the job.
"I brought in some of my own players and sometimes it hasn't gelled as I would like. I'm still looking for the right mix and we're going to take a look at a few players.