McDonald’s reveal plans to expand Stevenage Monkswood site
- Credit: Archant
A fast food restaraunt has revealed plans to build a second drive-thru window – providing at least five new jobs to the area.
McDonald’s, which has a restaraunt based on the Monkswood Retail Park in Stevenage, submitted the application to Stevenage Borough Council last week.
The application requests a redesign of the site’s car park and drive thru lane to provide two sets of side-by-side order points – incorporating a new island for signage and reconfigured kerb lines with associated works to the site. The chain has also requested permission to install a goal post height restrictor and two new customer order displays with associated canopies.
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “The application for new side-by-side drive thrus at the Monkswood Retail Park site represents a significant investment on our behalf, through which we would expect to create at least five additional jobs.
“We believe the changes would also help to reduce traffic, noise and congestion at peak visiting times – therefore reducing customer waiting times and improving their overall experience. We look forward to working with Stevenage Borough Council and the area’s residents in taking our application forward.”
You may also want to watch:
The application is expected to be presented to SBC’s planning and development committee next month.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 8 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit