McAnuff has been a solid pro for us, says Stevenage boss
- Credit: Archant
Darren Sarll says Jobi McAnuff has ‘conducted himself in an unbelievable manner’ despite Saturday’s appearance against Grimsby Town being the winger’s first start since September.
The former Reading man has struggled for games since his return from a broken toe earlier this campaign with six substitute appearances in December and one in January before Saturday’s start, and goal, in a 2-0 win.
Speaking about his winger’s absence from the first team, Boro boss Sarll joked: “No wonder he’s so angry with me.
“Jobi has conducted himself in an unbelievable manner. If anyone wants to know what his character and professionalism is like, he’s a magnificent professional to have.
“Despite the frequent knocks on the door to ask why he’s not playing his character and attitude have been superb.
You may also want to watch:
“When you get a chance the only thing you can do is answer the call and do it to the best of your ability.
“I thought he looked fit for someone who hasn’t [started] since September. And let’s make no bones about it. This is a gentleman who has won the Championship and has played in the Premier League.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit