Match preview: Goalkeeper issues for Port Vale
- Credit: Archant
For Stevenage, Michael Doughty is suspended but there should be places in the squad for new loan signings from Hull City and Blackpool
Port Vale will put top scorer Tom Pope in goal for tomorrow’s match with Stevenage should Sam Johnson be injured during the match.
Vale were this week placed under a transfer embargo by the Football League until a ‘financial issues is resolved’, according to The Sentinel newspaper.
That means that the club failed to bring in another goalkeeper this week, and with first choice Chris Neal out for the rest of the campaign back-up stopper Johnson will be the only recognised goalkeeper in tomorrow’s squad.
The visitors will also be without Carl Dickinson, who is suspended, while Fulham have recalled Jack Grimmer from his loan spell at the club.
You may also want to watch:
For Stevenage, Michael Doughty is suspended while there should be places in the matchday squad for loan signings Conor Henderson, who has joined from Hull City, Anderson Banvo (Blackpool) and Tom Flanagan (MK Dons).
Steve Arnold is also set to retain his place in goal ahead of Chris Day.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style