Match preview: Coventry City v Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Boro could move up to 19th in League 1 with a win over the Sky Blues
Stevenage travel to Coventry City this evening with one aim – to get the three points that will take them off the bottom of the League 1 table.
Boro’s 3-2 defeat at home to MK Dons on Saturday brought to an end their six-match unbeaten run, and Notts County’s recent upturn in form saw them leap above Graham Westley’s men on Tuesday evening.
Coventry will have Anton Robinson to call on for tonight’s match. The midfielder signed on loan from Championship side Huddersfield Town on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
City, though, are without Chuba Akpom who has been recalled by parent club Arsenal.
Stevenage will be without Dean Parrett, who went off injured on Saturday with an ankle injury and is likely to miss the remainder of the season, and Roarie Deacon.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Michael Doughty should return to the starting XI, while there could be a place in the team for Filipe Morais.
Coventry have won just two matches in their past 14 games, however striker Callum Wilson has scored in each of his side’s last five games.
The Sky Blues are currently three points from safety in League 1, and while they are the fourth top scorers in the league this season with 67 goals they have also shipped 68.
Stevenage are back at the foot of the table following Tuesday night’s round of matches, but although they dropped a place many of the teams above them dropped points last night and a win this evening could Boro up to 19th.
One to watch
Callum Wilson has been in outstanding form all season for Coventry City, and has 20 goals to his name already this campaign. He is now the first player since Dion Dublin in 1992 to hit that figure for City.
For Stevenage, Westley will be looking for striker Francois Zoko to start firing again.
The front man has failed to find the net in each of Boro’s last five games.