Masterchef’s Danny Mills swaps baking for biking
A celebrity Masterchef contestant and former England footballer will be pedalling through Comet country on Saturday to raise money to tackle the disease that took his son’s life.
Former Leeds and Man City defender turned celebrity chef, Danny Mills will be cycling from Leeds to London, taking in Shefford, Clifton, Hitchin, St Ippolyts, Titmore Green and Stevenage – stopping off at the Leisure Park at around 1pm - before heading on to Watton-at-Stone and Ware.
The 35-year-old hopes the 225 mile, 14-hour sponsored ride from Leed’s Elland Road Stadium to Canary Wharf will raise �10,000 for spina bifida charity Shine. He became a patron of the charity after the help he and his family were given after his baby son Archie died in 2002.
In a feat of endurance, the following day he will take on the Virgin Active London Triathlon.
To support Danny and Shine, go to www.justgiving.com/ArchieMills or text ARCH90 then �1, �2, �5 or �10 to 70070.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome to pedal alongside Danny for any length of time. The full route is at www.shinecharity.org.uk/leeds2london
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright