Martial arts stars give Stevenage pupils a ‘master class’
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage school got a special visit from two South Korean taekwondo masters last week.
Masters Kwangsoo Kim and Suhyun Lee travelled from South Korea to perform a demonstration for students at Fairlands Primary and Junior School last Monday, organised by Master Andy Jeffries – head instructor for Stevenage Taekwondo.
He spoke to the Comet about the very special visitors, saying: “The main guest was Master Kwangsoo Kim. He is a fifth degree black belt and runs a full-time gym in South Korea.
“Previously, he was a member of the very famous international demonstration team from the world taekwondo headquarters and twice fighting champion of the Korean Air Force.
“We also had Master Suhyun Lee, a senior student and a fourth degree black belt. She was there to help with demonstrations and to show it’s not just a male sport.”
You may also want to watch:
Master Jeffries is hopeful that the demonstration fills his taekwondo students with confidence having witnessed two of the world’s best perform.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 9 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash