Schoolgirl passes away following medical episode
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage schoolgirl has sadly passed away following a medical episode yesterday afternoon.
Police were called by the ambulance service at around 1.45pm to advise they were attending a medical episode at Marriotts School in Brittain Way, Stevenage.
It was reported that a child had become unresponsive.
Officers attended to assist at the scene. Armed police attended due to their close proximity to the scene at the time of the call.
The girl was taken to hospital, but sadly died a short time later.
Her family are being supported at this difficult time and have asked for their privacy to be respected. They have also requested that people do not speculate on social media.
The school is closed today following the devastating news, and next week pastoral support, including bereavement counselling, will be available to all students.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 6 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 7 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
Enquiries are being carried out, but the death is not being treated as suspicious.