Marie’s art goes on show
AN ARTIST has had her work displayed at a prestigious London exhibition. Marie Harnett, of York Road, Hitchin, was one of the top graduates from four Scottish art schools to be selected for the BraveArt exhibition at the Atlantis Gallery on Brick Lane. Sh
AN ARTIST has had her work displayed at a prestigious London exhibition.
Marie Harnett, of York Road, Hitchin, was one of the top graduates from four Scottish art schools to be selected for the BraveArt exhibition at the Atlantis Gallery on Brick Lane.
She said: "It was an amazing event and I ended up selling the majority of my work, with six of my drawings going to a gallery."
Marie, who attended the University of Hertfordshire's School of Art and Design, enjoys working with pencil on paper, oil on copper and even creates her own videos to express her art.
You may also want to watch:
She is also an actress and has played various parts, from a prostitute in Basic Instinct 2 to a stockbroker alongside Russell Crowe in Ridley Scott's A Good Year.
She said: "I enjoy it immensely and I think this appreciation and love of film has trickled into my art work. I find the results captivating."
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
She was recently awarded the Andrew Grant Travel Award and is now working on a new set of drawings in preparation for future exhibitions.
For more information, visit: www.marieharnett.com