Marie’s art goes on show
AN ARTIST has had her work displayed at a prestigious London exhibition. Marie Harnett, of York Road, Hitchin, was one of the top graduates from four Scottish art schools to be selected for the BraveArt exhibition at the Atlantis Gallery on Brick Lane. Sh
AN ARTIST has had her work displayed at a prestigious London exhibition.
Marie Harnett, of York Road, Hitchin, was one of the top graduates from four Scottish art schools to be selected for the BraveArt exhibition at the Atlantis Gallery on Brick Lane.
She said: "It was an amazing event and I ended up selling the majority of my work, with six of my drawings going to a gallery."
Marie, who attended the University of Hertfordshire's School of Art and Design, enjoys working with pencil on paper, oil on copper and even creates her own videos to express her art.
She is also an actress and has played various parts, from a prostitute in Basic Instinct 2 to a stockbroker alongside Russell Crowe in Ridley Scott's A Good Year.
She said: "I enjoy it immensely and I think this appreciation and love of film has trickled into my art work. I find the results captivating."
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 6 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 9 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 10 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
She was recently awarded the Andrew Grant Travel Award and is now working on a new set of drawings in preparation for future exhibitions.
For more information, visit: www.marieharnett.com