Mansfield striker apologises to Boylan
Mansfield Town striker Kyle Perry has apologised for his stamp on Lee Boylan that led to his dismissal in his side s 3-2 defeat to Boro at the weekend. Perry went from hero to zero at Field Mill when he lashed out at Boylan after netting a brace to put t
Mansfield Town striker Kyle Perry has apologised for his stamp on Lee Boylan that led to his dismissal in his side's 3-2 defeat to Boro at the weekend.
Perry went from hero to zero at Field Mill when he lashed out at Boylan after netting a brace to put the Stags 2-0 up but has since said sorry for his behaviour.
"Firstly, I would like to apologise to the Football Club, the manager and everyone involved at the club for the incident on Saturday against Stevenage," Perry told the official Mansfield Town website.
"I certainly would never intentionally or deliberately go out to hurt somebody. It is not the player I am.
"I was merely trying to free myself. I did, however, catch Lee Boylan.
"I have since apologised to him and word has come to me this morning that he is fine, so that is a relief."
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
Perry added that he is now looking to concentrate on winning his place back in the side once he has served his three-match suspension.
"I give 100 per cent for Mansfield Town and I have been deeply upset about the whole red card situation.
"I am now looking forward to putting this situation behind me.
"I want to thank the fans for their great support and I want them to know that I am looking forward to being in contention again and scoring more goals and continue to give my all for the club.