Mansfield sign former Stevenage striker
- Credit: Archant
Chris Beardsley returns to the club where he started his career
Mansfield Town have signed Chris Beardsley.
The striker left Stevenage at the end of the season as part of a clear out of 13 players by the club.
Beardsley, who is 31, began his career with the Stags more than a decade ago and also enjoyed a two-year stint with the club in the mid-2000s.
He has also counts Preston North End and Kidderminster Harriers among his former clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the Mansfield Town website, Beardsley said: “It was sort of completely out of the blue. I spoke to the gaffer [Adam Murray] this summer and we had a good chat. He told me his plans, what he thinks of the whole club, the structure of the squad...he impressed me hugely with his plans.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!