Man uncovers Hitchin shopping receipt from 1930s
A MAN has uncovered an old Hitchin shopping receipt from the 1930s, after his sister came across it at a car boot sale in Norfolk.
Peter Ramm, of Truemans Close, Hitchin, was given the receipt for W B Moss & Sons by his sister, who bought it for �1.
The item, which is dated October 1938, lists items including a garden mower, a ginger jar, tea plates and a green fitted carpet in bedroom.
Its total comes to �319, and it is addressed to a Mrs J Garrett, who seemingly lived in The Avenue.
“My sister said that when she saw it, she noticed it had Hitchin on it and she thought that I might be interested in it,” said Mr Ramm.
You may also want to watch:
“I have no idea of the story behind it, but it would be good to know if there is one.”
* Do you know a Mrs J Garrett, or who the receipt may have belonged to? Get in touch by ringing 01438 866200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations