Man taken to hospital after aerosol explodes on bonfire in Hitchin and hits him in the face

Firefighters were called to Charlton Road in Hitchin last night after an aerosol exploded on a bonfi

Firefighters were called to Charlton Road in Hitchin last night after an aerosol exploded on a bonfire and hit a man in the face. - Credit: Archant

A man was taken to hospital last night after a can of aerosol exploded on a bonfire and hit him in the face.

Emergency services were called to Charlton Road on the edge of Hitchin at about 8pm where they discovered a bonfire which was well alight.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze and the man was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage to be treated for his head injuries.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter